New features has been add by Google to the Google My Business API, making this version 3.1. The Google My Business API allows businesses to quickly update their Google Maps listings programmatically.
The upgrade includes:
- Notifications: You can now subscribe to push notifications for new reviews.
- Maps URLs: Google Maps URLs are included in location responses allowing users to easily link to Google Maps.
- Location States: Additional Location States indicating when the listing is published, disabled, pending verification.
- Reopen Flag: canReopen flag indicates permanently closed locations that can be reopened vs. those that cannot.
- Attributes: Support for URL and Enum attributes.
- Category Endpoint: Get a list of supported categories by country and language (replaces csv files).
Mike Blumenthal has some more insights on his blog.