If you want to see your marketing efforts pay off, you don’t want to target just anybody. You want to target the right audience.
In the following Ignite Visibility video, you will learn how you can segment your customers to help you nail your audience targeting. In this video, John Lincoln, a digital marketing expert, will walk you through 7 different segmentation models for digital marketing.
So what is customer segmentation? Customer segmentation involves splitting your customers into different groups by certain qualities, which includes:
- Demographics: age, marital status, income level
- Geographic Segmentation: location
- Psychographic Segmentation: specific personality traits, values, hobbies, lifestyles
- Technographic Segmentation: the type of technology people use
- Behavioral Segmentation: understanding how people interact with your brand
- Needs-Based Segmentation: putting customer needs/struggles first
- Value-Based Segmentation: figure out the highest spenders, or those who are most impactful to your bottom line