Apple announced a revenue of $52.9 billion, which was up versus last year, but short of analyst expectations of $53 billion. But on a good note, Apple beat earnings per share estimates y $0.08.
The company sold just under 51 million iPhones in the first quarter, lower than the 53 million analysts had expected. Apple smartphone sales could disappoint as well, as customers are waiting for the release of the iPhone 8.
Here are device numbers:
- iPhones: 50.8 million units, $33.2 billion in revenue
- iPad: 8.9 million units, $3.9 billion in revenue
- Macs: 4.1 million units, $5.8 billion in revenue
- Services (including Apple Pay, Apple Care): $7 billion in revenue
- Other (including Apple TV, Apple Watch, Beats products): $2.9 billion in revenue