It might be surprising, but the top ranking pages aren’t always the best targets for your link building efforts. There are good reasons to chase them, but keep in mind that there are drawbacks, and even not so obvious alternatives that you may not have considered trying. In this episode of Whiteboard Friday, Rand discusses the pros and cons of targeting high-ranking sites for links and why you should consider a link intersect strategy, targeting sites that rank for broader topics, and earning links from publications ranking beyond page one of the SERPs.
- Digital Marketers Can Always Improve: Here’s Why
- Grammarly Tops YouTube’s TrueView For Action 2018 Leaderboard
- Google Search Console AMP Enhancement Report To Combine Issue Types
- Google Maps’ ‘For You’ Tab Comes To iPhones And A Whole Lot More Countries
- Google Rolling Out More Features For Responsive Search Ads, Adding 10 Languages