It might be surprising, but the top ranking pages aren’t always the best targets for your link building efforts. There are good reasons to chase them, but keep in mind that there are drawbacks, and even not so obvious alternatives that you may not have considered trying. In this episode of Whiteboard Friday, Rand discusses the pros and cons of targeting high-ranking sites for links and why you should consider a link intersect strategy, targeting sites that rank for broader topics, and earning links from publications ranking beyond page one of the SERPs.
- Autopilot Debuts Real-Time Collaborative Customer Journey Map
- Google Ads Report Editor Gets Two New Landing Page Reports
- Bing Says It Is Improving Web Crawler Efficiency
- The Knowledge Graph – How Well Is Google Doing In ‘Understanding The World’?
- Survey: People Plan To Use Amazon 3-To-1 Over Google For Holiday Shopping