It might be surprising, but the top ranking pages aren’t always the best targets for your link building efforts. There are good reasons to chase them, but keep in mind that there are drawbacks, and even not so obvious alternatives that you may not have considered trying. In this episode of Whiteboard Friday, Rand discusses the pros and cons of targeting high-ranking sites for links and why you should consider a link intersect strategy, targeting sites that rank for broader topics, and earning links from publications ranking beyond page one of the SERPs.
- An Enterprise SEO Framework: From Crawling to Conversions
- Adobe Adds Customer Journey Analytics, Designed To Be Accessible To All Marketers
- Meta Robots Nofollow Gets The Hint Treatment Too
- E-A-T and the Quality Raters’ Guidelines – Whiteboard Friday
- How & Why You Must Improve or Remove Your Old Content