Facebook will be rolling out updates to Messenger in a few weeks. These updates are designed to improve the messaging experience between people and businesses. Five best practices were listed by Facebook that businesses should consider when the build Messaging Experiences:
- Respond quickly and set customer expectations on response times.
- Make it short and sweet. Communicate your key points succinctly and early on in your message.
- Leverage Messenger features – like Message tags, one-time notifications, and sponsored messages – to send high-value messages outside the 24-hour standard messaging window.
- Ensure your messages clearly communicate customer value – especially notifications sent outside the standard messaging window.
- Provide audiences with options to choose from, allowing them to opt-in to the types of messages they receive.