Listing your business on Google Search and Maps can help you capture new local customers at the very moment they’re searching for you. Check out this video if you are interesting in getting more exposure through Google, and more than just through your normal revenues, like Google AdWords.
– visit www.google.com/business/placesforbusiness/
– enter your business info
– pick a business category that is the closest match to your business or industry
– if you don’t want customers visiting your business address, select the checkbox, “my business has service areas where I visit customers at their location.”
– verify your business listing to appear on Google
– update your business listing information on a regular basis
– add pictures to showcase your business