In an announcement by Google, Google Assistant on Google Home devices is now able to communicate with you in Spanish. The devices were previously able to translate to and from Spanish, but now, users can do more advanced actions in Spanish. Some examples includes asking it to play music, asking it to control smart devices around the house, or asking about your day.
According to Google, you can go into your Google Assistant settings under the menu in the Google Home app, select Preferences in the Settings menu and select Español. Once that’s set up, you should be able to communicate with your Google Home devices in Spanish.
You can issue the following commands, and many more, according to Google:
- Ask about your day with “Ok Google, ¿cómo será mi día?” and get a full rundown of what’s on your schedule for the day.
- Get to know more about the World Cup by asking “Ok Google, ¿cuándo juega México?,” or cheer for your team with “Ok Google, dame un cántico de fútbol.”
- Listen to your top songs just by saying, “Ok Google, reproducir mi lista de reproducción para hacer ejercicio” and start enjoying the hits.
- Turn down the temperature with your voice by asking “Ok Google, baje la temperatura del termostato” so you and your family stay comfortable without leaving the couch.
- Celebrate your birthday asking “Ok Google, cantamé Las Mañanitas.”