Google is now allowing businesses to add more hours in their Google My Business (GMB) listing for services that aren’t offered at all times of the day.
If hours for particular services are different from regular business opening hours, this information can now be displayed for customers to see.
Businesses can include additional sets of hours for the following types of services:
- Drive through
- Happy hours
- Senior hours
It’s fair to assume that these types of services found in this feature has become available due to the pandemic.
As businesses change and adapt to the normal going forward, they might have to change business hours or add services that wasn’t previously available.
Prior to this update, businesses could only fill out a single set of opening hours for week day.
Basically, businesses now have some more flexibility.
Follow these steps to set more hours:
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- Open the location you’d like to manage.
- Click Info.
- Next to “More hours,” click the Edit icon.
- In the “More hours” box under “Add hours,” click on the type of hours that are applicable.
- Next to the day of the week you want to change, check the box and enter your hours.
- After you entered all hours, click Apply.
Keep in mind that certain more hours can only be set for specific business types.
More hours will display for selected days of the week and surface to customers on Google Maps and Search.