Back in 2013, Google acquired the popular socially focused navigation app, Waze. Since their acquisition two years ago, Waze has finally released their first major app update.
The features that are now present in the new update includes fewer clicks, easier navigation, better battery consumption and improved reporting and sharing. Right now, the new version of Waze 4.0 is only available for iOS, but Android users will reportedly have access to the update soon.
Check out the list of the new features found in Waze 4.0:
- Significantly reduced battery consumption.
- Fewer taps to start a drive, send locations and directions.
- New ETA panel that organizes everything you need in one place. View reports, check alternate routes, add a stop on the way or instantly send ETA to friends and family.
- New, easier-to-read map, with a cleaner look catered to your drive.
- Faster, more visual reporting menu that makes it easier to help others on the road.
- Color-coded reports and alerts, so you can instantly recognize them on the map.
- Smart reminders to leave on time for your Calendar events based on traffic conditions and drive times.
Also, you can check out a video from Google on the new version: