A new feature is being tested in Google Search Console, called Google Search Console Insights. This features allows users to get deeper reporting into the performance of the site and its pages, which includes page views, average time on page, referring sites information and more from Google Analytics.
Currently, there has been no official announcement about Google Search Console insights, although information on this feature was obtained by Search Engine Land. Google Analytics data can be obtained through Search Console, including:
- Pages views overall.
- Page views of individual pages.
- Average time spend on the site overall.
- Average time spend on individual pages.
- Traffic to your site from organic search versus social versus direct traffic.
- Top referring links from other web sites.
- Newest referring links from other web sites.
- Social media traffic broken down by each site, such as Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- and more.
Although users could see Search Console data since 2011, they haven’t been able to see Google Analytics data from Search Console. With the new ability to get this data, you can get even more data in your Google Search Console reports.