In order to rank well, your site needs to have strong backlinks. Links bring referral traffic, trust and higher search visibility. But how to build links while being safe from Google penalties?
Jim Boykin and Ann Smarty discuss how to ask for links and stay within Google Webmaster Guidelines.
- What if someone mentioned me but didn’t link? Is it OK to ask to link?
- What if I sent someone free stuff but didn’t ask for a link? Should I be worried if that person links?
- Is it OK to send free books to influencers? Thus may result in links and reviews!
- If I give away something for free on my website: I have a free eBook, tool, etc. Is it OK to ask for a link?
- Why can’t Google create clearer guidelines as to what is allowed or now?