A new tool is being rolled out by Instagram for businesses, and can be used to promote food delivery and gift card purchases in their stories.
“In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, businesses and people around the world are facing a new reality.
To help small businesses during this challenging time, we are introducing new ways for people to support them by discovering their gift cards, food order options, and fundraisers on Instagram.”
These stickers are available from the sticker tray, and can be accessed by tapping the square smiley icon in the top right-right-hand corner.
Once you select the ‘gift card’ or ‘food orders’ sticker, a prompt will appear, allowing you to choose from one of Instagram’s selected partners.
Gift card purchases and food delivery transactions will all be facilitated by a third party.
Supported partners include:
- Uber Eats
Once you’ve chosen from one of the selected partners, you can add a direct link to the order page.
After the initial set up has been taken care of, you won’t be asked to do it again. Just selected the sticker and Instagram will remember you preferences.
You’ll be able to change links at any time. If you want to promote your Uber Eats link instead of DinerDash, you can switch easily.
Keep in mind that you can do only one order sticker per story. Businesses can’t link to multiple food delivery services in the same story, But there’s no reason businesses can’t post consecutive stories with different delivery providers in each of them.
Not only are there new story stickers, Instagram is giving business es the ability to add buttons on their profile pages dedicated to gift card purchases and food delivery orders.
They will work just like story stickers, but they are more accessible to customers.
Profile buttons can be set up by following the steps below:
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Tap Edit Profile.
- Under “Public Business Information,” tap Action Buttons.
- Under “Select a Button,” choose Gift Cards.
- Select a partner to sell your gift cards. If you haven’t already set up your gift cards with a partner, follow the instructions on the partner’s site.
- Add the partner link for the gift card service you selected.
- After you’ve entered the website, tap Done.
In order to use the new Stories sticker and profile button options, an Instagram business or creator account is required.
Instagram’s new stickers can be used how you want, but some recommendations have been provided for using them creatively.
Here’s what Instagram recommends:
- Highlight what’s new: Promote new items added to the menu, new specials, and anything else that will get
- customers’ attention.
- Share your menu: If there are no new items to share, then remind customers about existing favorites.
- Show appreciation: Let customers how what their support means to your business and staff.
- Encourage sharing: Ask customers to share your sticker or photos of their recent orders.
- Share reviews: Repost customer stories, shoutouts, and reviews of your business.