Having a deep understanding of user engagement on a website is important for any business, particularly when evaluating the success of advertising campaigns.
In order to help advertisers do just that, Microsoft has recently introduced out with Universal Event Tracking (UET) tags, which will help businesses boost website traffic and conversions.
According to Microsoft, here is what UET tags are:
“Microsoft Advertising UET tag is a powerful tool that enables advertisers to unlock a range of features such as conversion tracking, remarketing, and automated bidding strategies. By enabling UET Insights, advertisers can now amplify the value of UET by using additional data signals to gain visibility into their web traffic insights and better their campaign performance.”
UET Insights offers a powerful website dashboard designed to enhance your understanding of user engagement, enabling you to enhance your webpages and optimize your targeting for greater conversions.
Here are some of the key features, of UET Insights:
- Total visits to your website and number of visits per page
- Session breakdown by country and device
- Quick backs (customers who stay on your website for just a few seconds)
- Time spent on your website
There is no need for concern regarding coding as the feature will be automatically enabled for your existing UET tags. The rollout of this feature is scheduled for July 3rd of this year. However, if you prefer not to have UET Insights enabled, you have two options available:
- You can choose to opt out of the automatic upgrade by completing the opt-out form.
- Alternatively, if you decide to opt out after being enabled for UET Insights, you can navigate to the UET Dashboard within the Microsoft Advertising platform.
Source – Microsoft