Mobile has been something that’s been around long enough for use to realize that it not only wasn’t going anywhere, but that it was the future of marketing. 2016 drove this point home with mobile making up almost have of all ad revenues in the first half of the year, which is according to the Interactive Advertising Bureau.
It comes as no surprise, especially if you haven’t been living under a rock, that readers were interested in honing their mobile SEO skills, and seeking the insights that will help them drive more organic traffic to their content from mobile searchers. In this day and age, most searches are done from a mobile device, and if you aren’t doing mobile SEO, you need to step up and get with the program. After all,it’s never too late!
Something else that seemed to have grabbed the attention of many was Pokémon Go this summer, and marketers were quick to ask how they could capitalize on this game for mobile. Even though the Pokémon Go craze seems to have evened out at this point, it hasn’t stopped marketers from looking more closely at location-based trends. Readers were wanting to learn more about what they could expect for the future of location-based technologies.
Some of Marketing Land’s most popular mobile colum hs offered best practices for push notifications, since even marketers who’ve gotten the location based marketing thing down pat will still struggle to reach consumers via push if they can’t break out fothe noise and deliver something of value to their users.
To check out more, take a look through Marketing Land’s top 10 Mobile Marketing columns published in 2016.
- 5 must-do push notification best practices for mobile marketers by Josh Todd, published on 4/20/2016.
Social activity: Facebook 137, Google+ 24, LinkedIn 263
- The six key components of mobile SEO in 2016 by Bryson Meunier, published on 3/10/2016.
Social activity: Facebook 2,113, Google+ 116, LinkedIn 315
- Four key mobile and location-based trends for 2016 by Aaron Strout, published on 1/15/2016.
Social activity: Facebook 280, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 854
- 5 reasons to keep doing mobile SEO even though ads are everywhere by Bryson Meunier, published on 5/5/2016.
Social activity: Facebook 682, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 324
- How Pokémon Go will level up local advertising by Adam Dorfman, published on 7/14/2016.
Social activity: Facebook 333, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 342
- Surviving Google’s new policy against interstitial ads by Lei Sun, published on 1/7/2016.
Social activity: Facebook 344, Google+ 96, LinkedIn 138
- Mobile vs. desktop: Are you optimizing both experiences? by Aaron Strout, published on 5/5/2016.
Social activity: Facebook 222, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 298
- The future of location-based services by Aaron Strout, published on 3/10/2016.
Social activity: Facebook 146, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 344
- SMS marketing: An often forgotten goldmine in a good mobile strategy by Brian Patterson, published on 1/20/2016.
Social activity: Facebook 336, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 578
- Google’s AMP Viewer: the Tinder UX for content? by Barb Palser, published on 9/9/2016.
Social activity: Facebook 125, Google+ 21, LinkedIn 136
Methodology: Columns published in 2016 are ranked in order of page views measured by Google Analytics. Data includes all columns published through November 30, 2016. Social data provided by SharedCount.