In an announcement, Snapchat is launching Focus, the new module-based training for advertising and brands. Focus has been dubbed the place for “everything you need to know about Snapchap ads.”
“Our new learning portal, Snap Focus, is our most up-to-date resource and destination to learn about the latest and greatest from Snapchat and the community who uses it. This will help advertisers and agencies master our platform and stay on top of everything Snapchat advertising has to offer.” – Snapchat Announcement
After logging in, you’ll see the main dashboard, with 6 main course areas and additional resources. While there, you can access it as a drop-down in the Resources section. You can also check it out by visitingfocus.snapchat.com.
The six courses are grouped as follows:
- Intro to Snapchat: What Snapchat is, how the camera works, and how people watch content
- The Snapchat Generation: The “why” of Snapchat, and details about user values and behaviors
- Advertising on Snapchat: How to get results, brand safety, and measure outcomes
- Getting Started on Ads Manager: Campaigns, Ad sets, how to design and publish ads
- Creative Best Practices: Details around best practices, collection ads, filters, and lenses
- Measure and Optimize Campaigns: Optimizations, insights, and reporting options
Although the content is basic, it’s a great area to begin if you haven’t used Snap ads before.
Snap Ads typically gets a lot less attention regarding coverage and training when compared to the likes of Facebook and Google.
The certification itself doesn’t really mean a lot right now, but it’s still a good idea to do for the sake of knowledge.