Backlinks, also known as inbound links, are an essential component of any successful search engine optimization (SEO) strategy. These are links that link from one website back to another, specifically, back to your own. They play an important role in determining the authority and ranking of your website in the search results.
You can think of backlinks as a vote of confidence by search engines, like Google. By having a website link back to yours, they’re basically vouching for you, saying that the content on that page is trustworthy. The more backlinks a page has, the higher the rank they’ll get in search engines. This shows that the website has good credibility and authority in its industry or niche.
If you want to achieve success with your SEO efforts, you need to learn how to scale your link building strategies. Building quality backlinks is a critical component of any successful SEO strategy. Kevin Rowe, in his article for Search Engine Land, highlights ten effective ways to build quality backlinks that can help you achieve SEO success in your industry.
The tips he talks about includes:
- Distribute content through established blogger relationships
- High-quality guest posting and including natural links
- Competitor link building with cold outreach
- Skyscraper links from top-ranking sites
- Journalist pitching with HARO or #journorequest
- Resource page links to homepage or internal pages
- Image link building through reverse image lookup
- Universal unlinked mention
- Earn links by ranking for statistical keywords
- Link building with podcast websites
Don’t forget to read Kevin’s post to get a more comprehensive understanding of each of these tips!