Recently, somebody known as BowTiedWookie posted a thread on Twitter where he talks about how he analyzed 10 different sites for the same 500 keywords in the Sheets tool.
These are the trends found from this small experiement:
- The shorter the title the less likely Google is to change it.
- Google will change the title ~95% of the time if emojis or weird characters are included.
- High DA sites are not being forced to include the brand name.
- If Google changes the title it is pulling in the H1 >50% of the time.
- The average character count of Google’s title changes were 52 characters.