It seems that some people always get all the love. PC desktop users of Twitter seemed to get all the updates to their desktop client, leaving Mac wondering what was going on. But finally, it seems that Twitter has finally released an updated version of its desktop client for Mac users.
Today has seen the release of version 4, and Twitter has promised that “it looks and feels more like the Twitter you carry with you everyday.” Although I am not a Mac user myself, I can understand how tough it would be to wait all this time to finally get an update after such a long time of little to now attention, and then see PC users getting all these new features and updates. The following list is pretty eye opening as to all of the features that Mac users were missing out on:
- Inline video playback – You’ll see videos play directly in your feed.
- GIFs support – See animations without leaving your timeline.
- Group Direct Messages – Create and receive private notes with up to 50 people.
- Mute – Silence specific accounts so you no longer see them in your feed.
- Today Center Widget – Get your Twitter Highlights right on your desktop.
- Dark Theme – Now you can see the world in black or white.
- Updated design – Get the latest improvements to icons, buttons, and interactions.
- Quote Tweet – Add your two cents to any Retweet.
Twitter 4 for the Mac is available now in the Mac App Store.