Are you using the same content, but on different domains? There’s a tag for that. Using rel=canonical to communicate with Google that similar or identical content exists on multiple domains has a number of clever applications. You can cross-post content across several domains that you own, you can benefit from others republishing your own content, rent or purchase content on other sites, and safely use third-party distribution networks like Medium to spread the word. Rand covers all the canonical bases in this not-to-be-missed edition of Whiteboard Friday.
- An Enterprise SEO Framework: From Crawling to Conversions
- Adobe Adds Customer Journey Analytics, Designed To Be Accessible To All Marketers
- Meta Robots Nofollow Gets The Hint Treatment Too
- E-A-T and the Quality Raters’ Guidelines – Whiteboard Friday
- How & Why You Must Improve or Remove Your Old Content