Google’s revamping of Webmaster Tools changes how you authenticate for apps or web-services, as well as how it gives access to some of its main features.
What are some of the specific features found within the new API? Here’s a list according to Search Engine Land:
- list, add, or remove sites from your account (you can currently have up to 500 sites in your account)
- list, add, or remove sitemaps for your websites
- get warning, error, and indexed counts for individual sitemaps
- get a time-series of all kinds of crawl errors for your site
- list crawl error samples for specific types of errors
- mark individual crawl errors as “fixed” (this doesn’t change how they’re processed, but can help simplify the UI for you)
If you want more information, such as sample code, how-to information, and references, you can head over to the Google Developer portal.