As we have covered in previous posts, link building is an important aspect of SEO marketing. If you haven’t begun a link building campaign for your business, now is the time to get started.
How do link building helps businesses?
There are several reasons how link building can help your business. This includes:
- Helping build relationships. Although the biggest focus for reaching out to customers/clients or other businesses is to improve your link, you’ll find there are other benefits as well. Fostering long-term relationships can mutually benefit both parties. You gain business, while your customer or client gets to benefit off the product or service you provide.
- Referral business. Having strong links can both improve traffic to your site, as well as improve your ranking. If your site is linked to a relevant and often visited site, it can boos your own sales as well.
- Brand building. By having good link building, it can help promote your brand. It shows that you have authority in your space and industry. It can even help promote the expertise of your company as well as the strengths of the goods and services that you provide.
But there are some things that you should probably avoid, even if they seem like they’re good. It’s just like what your mom used to tell you – if your friend jumped, would you do it too? Just because it’s popular, doesn’t mean it’s always a good idea.
There are some popular link building tactics you may want to consider avoiding, according to Search Engine Journal. Here are 18 things you might want to consider avoiding , regardless of how good they might seem.
- Adding links to existing webpages
- EDU discount link building
- Free products link building
- Brand mention links
- Link bait Campaigns
- Sponsor links
- Scholarship links
- Badges for links trick
- Blog comments
- Expired domains
- Charity link building
- Article director and guest posting services
- Guest posts
- Widget links
- Press release link building
- Profile link building
- UGC and forum spamming tactics
- WordPress Theme link building