No matter what kind of business you are running, the most successful ones are the ones with the best customer service, not the best products or services.
Customer service is importance to your business because it retains customers and extracts more value from them. If you can provide great customer services, businesses recoup customer acquisition costs and cultivate a loyal following that refers customers, serves as case studies, and provides testimonials and reviews as well.
So what are the five P’s that are in the title of this post? They include:
- Prepared – Come to work prepared to serve. Know your stuff so you can provide real value.
- Professional – Always be professional is how you act, speak, write, look, etc. You are the brand!
- Positive – No matter what is happening in your outside world, start work upbeat and cheery. Smile, make people laugh, have fun!
- Patient – Hear the customer out, don’t cut them off, allow them to speak, don’t get frustrated.
- Proactive – Communicate proactively, get ahead of problems before they start.