Google refreshed the AdWords Search Advertising exam this month, which brought it up to date with newer platform features and industry trends. This is one of the Google Partners tests that goes towards your AdWords certification, while AdWords Fundamentals is the other.
Here’s the rundown, by Google themselves, of some of the new topics that are now included:
- search advertising trends;
- call-only ads;
- mobile ads (app extensions, mobile app installs, mobile app engagement);
- remarketing lists for search ads (RLSA);
- enhanced cost-per-click (ECPC), flexible bid strategies;
- auction insights, paid and organic report, segments;
- cross-device conversions; and
- opportunities tab.
Even with these new additions to the test, the format hasn’t changed. You’ll still experience 100 questions in the test, as well as have a 120-minute time limit. If you want to pass, you’ll have to score an 80 percent or higher.
There has been an update to the study guide and refresher guide to include the new exam content. So if you’re coming up for renewal, or you want to take the exam for the first time, you’ll have all the information in the guides.